Since 1995, the Women’s Fund of Greater Green Bay, a fund of the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation, has given over $875,000 to programs and projects of northeast Wisconsin non-profit organizations that expand opportunities for women and girls.
We are interested in reviewing creative proposals that promote healthy relationships and support leadership and self-esteem initiatives for women and girls in Northeast Wisconsin.
Due to the impact the COVID-19 crisis has had on our community nonprofits, we are currently considering requests for operational support in addition to specific program needs.
Any organization interested in applying for a grant should contact Rashad Cobb to discuss a potential proposal prior to applying.
Information and Criteria
- All applicants must have a 501(c)(3) IRS tax-exempt designation or be a governmental, educational, or religious organization.
- The program must provide opportunities for or meet the needs of women or girls in Brown, Oconto, and Kewaunee counties.
- The Women’s Fund does not fund individuals, for-profit organizations, capital projects, endowments, debt reduction, fundraising events, campaigns to elect candidates, or programs that promote religious or sectarian activities.
- Requested programs cannot be "half" of a program that is designed for boys and girls, or men and women. Programs for boys and men that relate to healthy relationships and support women and girls will be considered.
- Grants will be made for programs that support and expand opportunities for women or girls helping them to be healthy, to be safe, to learn, to achieve, to compete, to realize their dreams, and to be successful in their lives.
- Grants will be made for programs that clearly meet a need of women or girls in our community.
- Grants will be made to programs that promote healthy relationships and support women and girls, including those programs that serve men and boys.
- Grant reviewers will look for organizations that consult and collaborate with other agencies to enhance existing programs and augment opportunities.
- Programs that encourage and develop self-esteem and leadership in women and girls, especially those ages 9-15.
- Programs uniquely designed or specifically geared to women or girls, or for their particular challenges or situations.
- Imaginative, results-oriented projects. These may be ongoing, expansions, or modifications of existing programs.
- Sustainable programs.
- Programs resulting in measurable, positive change in our community.
- Projects that demonstrate women and girls served are involved in planning and implementation of the projects and programs.
Application Deadline: January 11 and July 1
- Applications are reviewed by volunteer committee of Women's Fund Advisory Board members and other community members.
- Recommendation for funding are made to the Women's Fund Advisory Board and Board of Directors of the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation.
- Decisions will be announced within 8-10 weeks of the application deadline.
Grant applications are only accepted online and are available approximately 2 months prior to the deadline.
Review the online application questions and requirements, which include this budget form.