Urgent issues of homelessness and the growing need for supportive housing in the Greater Green Bay Region led to the formation of the Greater Green Bay Community Housing Initiative Task Force.
The Task Force engaged the Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH), a national leader in advancing community-wide homelessness and housing solutions, to facilitate the development of an action plan to prevent and end homelessness within our community.
Between September 2020 and October 2021, local elected officials, county and city staff, the nonprofit community, educational leaders and program providers, philanthropy, law enforcement, employers, and people with lived experience of homelessness, contributed their expertise and unique perspectives to develop The Greater Green Bay Blueprint to Prevent and End Homelessness. This work was funded by the Basic Needs Giving Partnership of the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation.
The blueprint, which builds upon the community’s established work to prevent and end homelessness, will be the community’s roadmap with defined strategies and actions. As a living document, it will evolve over time to meet the ever-changing needs of our community.
Increase Access to Affordable Housing Options
- Develop new units
- Engage and incentivize landlords
- Increase housing options utilizing current housing stock
Increase Access to and Coordination of Services
- Increase coordination between providers and access to shelters and services
- Increase access to available mental health and substance abuse services that are trauma-informed and culturally responsive
- Increase use and understanding of Coordinated Entry
Employers as Part of the Solution
- Provide housing and nontraditional employee benefits
- Increase employment pathways
Preventing Homelessness, Supporting Employment, Decreasing Justice Involvement
- Prevent homelessness and build wealth
- Increase employment opportunities with safe and affordable child-care
- Exiting institutions: Set people up for success
- Create strategic and cost-saving alternatives to ticketing and incarceration
Tell the Story
- Educate and inform the community
To learn more:
Access the Greater Green Bay Blueprint To Prevent and End Homelessness
Watch the Presentation and Panel Discussion