Details About This
Grants through the R. Bruce & Alyce S. Kopseker Trust support projects that serve those over 60 years of age, who live primarily north of Sturgeon Bay in Door County, to help them remain healthy and independent in their homes.
All applicants must meet the following:
- Be a nonprofit organization with a 501(c)(3) designation by the Internal Revenue Service or a governmental body, such as a school or municipality
- Serve those over 60 years of age, who live primarily north of Sturgeon Bay in Door County
- Conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or national origin
TYPES OF GRANTS
- Program or project support
- Equipment related directly to projects
- Technology, equipment improvements, and staff or board training and planning that enhance organizational capacity or develop greater organizational efficiency
- Operational needs
- Other priorities as determined by the Grants Committee
Projects will be evaluated on the following criteria, with bolded criteria given particular consideration. Strong programs will:
- Articulate a well-defined need with clearly defined actions to meet the need
- Build organizational capacity and lead the program to become self-sufficient
- Use collaboration to leverage impact
- Be feasible and likely to succeed
- Have a reasonable level of risk
- Propose an accurate, appropriate and reasonable budget
- Attract additional funding and leverage resources
- Clearly define meaningful and measurable project outcomes and methods to report actual outcomes
- Have a long-term impact, especially relative to cost
- Have a positive standing with the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation regarding previously received grants, including the complete and timely submission of final reports
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND
- Annual appeals, capital campaigns or other fundraising activities or events
- Religious activities or programs that serve, or appear to serve, specific religious organizations, groups, denominations, or beliefs
- Debt retirement, debt financing, reduction of an operating deficit or replenishment of resources used to pay for such purposes
- Lobbying or legislative activities
- Capital improvements
- Programming or expenses occurring before the grant is awarded
- Efforts substantially serving people outside of Brown, Kewaunee and Oconto counties
Typically up to $25,000. View past recipients.
Decisions will be announced within 8-10 weeks of the application deadline.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Amber Paluch, Sr. Vice President of Community Impact, prior to completing an application.
APPLY FOR A GRANT
To submit a grant request, apply online. Review the online application questions and requirements, which include this budget form.
Grant recipients will be required to complete a brief follow-up report at the end of the project or grant period.