Details About This
The School Spirit Educational Endowment Fund of the Green Bay Area Public School District supports excellence in the teaching and learning process. The endowment fund is a catalyst for the implementation of innovative or enhanced learning activities.
The School Spirit Educational Endowment has been created for Green Bay Area Public School teachers, staff, students, and parents to provide mini-grants to explore creative ways of delivering educational experiences.
Innovation is the key to the Educational Endowment. It is not meant to replace ongoing public support of education, but rather enhances learning opportunities by the initiation and customization of creative educational practices. The most successful efforts can become the basis for district-wide programs and serve as models for school districts across the country.
Read more about the School Spirit Educational Endowment.
- Enriched Learning Opportunities: Provides enhanced learning opportunities for at-risk, under-achieving, and gifted students.
- Arts and Libraries: Lends support to outstanding arts and library programs that encourage active participation in the arts and library activities of recipient schools.
- Emerging Needs: Provides resources to respond to emerging needs having a direct impact on students’ educational success.
- Facilities and Technology: Assists with program technology initiatives that directly enhance the delivery of educational concepts.
- Innovative Education Initiatives: Encourages innovations in the areas of curriculum, teaching and learning practices in the classroom and beyond.
Applications are accepted from any employee, student, or parent association of the Green Bay Area Public School District with the consent of their principal (or direct supervisor, if applicable). Prior to applying, please review the School District Guidance for Grant Applications.
Grants are typically up to $1,000. View past recipients.
Decisions will be announced within 8-10 weeks of the application deadline.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Kari Olsen, Director of Grants & Scholarship Programming, prior to completing an application.
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND
The School Spirit Educational Endowment does not support the following:
- Programming or expenses occurring before the grant is awarded; decisions will be announced within 6-10 weeks of the application deadline.
- Existing activities funded by the School District
- Annual appeals, capital campaigns or other fundraising activities or events
- Religious activities or programs that serve, or appear to serve, specific religious organizations, groups, denominations, or beliefs
APPLY FOR A GRANT
To submit a grant request, apply online. Review the online application questions and requirements.
Grant recipients will be required to complete a brief follow-up report at the end of the project or grant period.