30 Years. $150 Million. A Stronger Community.
March 25, 2022 – With tremendous community support from individuals, groups and businesses through the area, the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation has reach two significant milestones – 30 years since its founding and $150 million invested in the community.
“Founded by a group of visionary leaders, the Community Foundation is a catalyst for connecting people to create impact,” said Dennis Buehler, GGBCF President & CEO. “As a community leader and collaborator, the Foundation strives to help identify needs, connect resources and create innovative solutions to move our community forward.”
This 30-year, $150 million milestones were achieved through a combination of nine annual grant programs funded by endowed donor gifts, donor-advised fund distributions and investments in collaborations across our community. Examples of how these dollars, in addition to traditional grantmaking, are strengthening our community include:
- The Basic Needs Giving Partnership, a regional grantmaking collaboration addressing the root causes of poverty, has invested more than $10.50 million locally in innovative programs over the last 36 years.
- Give BIG Green Bay, in partnership with the Green Bay Packers, this 24-hour giving day has raised $8 million for local nonprofits in five years.
- The Community Housing Initiative, a community collective impact effort, has created a blueprint to prevent and end homelessness through strategies to improve service coordination and increase access to affordable housing.
- Through the LIFE Study, an assessment of the quality of life in Brown County, leaders and residents are finding common ground and further aligning resources to address community goals. The new and innovative Greater Green Bay Community Hub will expand access to this and other critical studies and community data sources.
- The Nonprofit Impact Initiative provides capacity-building grants, group learning, educational tools and technical assistance in partnership with regional grant makers to deepen the impact and support the sustainability of local nonprofits.
Through the generosity of this community, the Foundation’s assets have grown to more than $200 million.
We invite you to learn more about our work and to partner with us. Together, we will discover extraordinary possibilities, opportunities, and solutions to make our community stronger.